Saturday 12 October 2013

What I Bought: The Beauty Edition


I've done quite a bit of shopping lately so thought I'd do my first ever haul post to show you what I've been buying.  This haul is beauty related but I've bought myself some new threads too so I'm going to do a separate post for my fashion related purchases.  I've accumulated this stuff over the last couple of weeks so I don't feel too bad when I think about how much I've spent.  Wouldn't it be lovely if I could afford a haul like this every week though?  A girl can dream!  So without further ado, here are the products that have made it into my beauty basket lately...

Clinique Take The Day Off Cleansing Balm (£21):  Oh look!  Another skin care purchase inspired by Caroline Hirons!  My purse is begging me to stop reading her blog.  This melting make up remover is one of her firm favourites and is a lot cheaper than the popular Emma Hardy Cleansing Balm which does the same sort of job.  I've used this a couple of times so far and love it already but need to use it a little more before I give you guys a full review.

Ciaté Emerald Collection (£25):  I actually got this amazing kit as a birthday gift from my friend Tonya.  She knows me so well.  Not quite a purchase of my own but I just had to include it because it’s so beautiful.  The kit includes an array of sprinkles, sparkles and fluff to create three different textured nail art looks.  I find myself in a trance-like state whenever I look at the glitter pot!  It's just so pretty...I can't wait to dip my nails in.  I've never seen anything like the velvet effect before so I'm rather intrigued with how that works.  Green is my favourite colour so this set is simply heaven for me.  It's like I've died and gone to the Emerald City.

Primark Face Cloths (£1.50):  To some, these flannels may be basic, boring and Nana-like but to me they are a godsend!  I use them on a daily basis to cleanse my face and remove my make up and they're a great little accompaniment to my new cleansing balm.  At £1.50 they're a steal!

Primark Plastic Travel Bottles (£1):  Another boring but practical purchase.  I'm going away for the weekend at the end of this month and have been warned in advance that I need to pack light.  These travel sized bottles were just £1 from Primark and are going to help me on my quest to take less products with me.  Now if only there was an easy solution for my shoes...

Clinique Bottom Lash Mascara (£12):  How cute is this?  This teeny tiny mascara is designed especially for your bottom eyelashes.  The minuscule brush is perfect for getting into the hard to reach inner corners of your eye and is great for avoiding those pesky mascara smudges.  Is it a necessity?  No.  But I was swayed by an offer on the Boots' website and thought it wouldn’t hurt to try.  I’ll review it for you soon.

Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer (£3.99):  I’ve lost count of the amount of times I’ve repurchased this.  It’s the only concealer I use and I’m not about to start changing it anytime soon.  The consistency is thick and creamy and the coverage is amazing.  Spots, redness, eye-bags...you name it, this covers it.  If there’s one thing I recommend you try it’s this.

Origins Drink Up Intensive Overnight Mask (£22):  I think this is the product I was most excited about buying.  After hearing so many rave reviews about how it transforms your skin I knew I had to try it for myself.  Leave this mask on your face overnight and your skin will literally drink up the moisture.  The next day my face felt hydrated and looked brighter than it had in a long time.  I am really impressed!

And that includes my beauty haul!  What do you think?  Any treats in there that you would like to purchase yourself?  Or is there anything you’d recommend I buy next?  I know I shouldn’t considering my recent beauty binge but I really don’t care.  A girl can’t have too many products in my opinion ;)

GC.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...