Saturday 5 October 2013

Talking Tartan


Ahh today was a nice day.  Autumn was in the air as I donned my new tartan scarf, a gorgeous gift from one of my best friends, and headed down to my local town.  At this time every year they hold a fun-fair (also known to us locals as Houghton Feast) and today was the annual parade.  I go every year with my family and I love it because it brings back lovely childhood memories and gets me excited for the things to come in the following months.  Halloween, Bonfire Night, Christmas!  Don’t you just love Autumn?  It’s my favourite.

The best thing about this outfit for me has to be the scarf.  Tartan is everywhere this season and I think a scarf is the perfect way to add a bit of it to my outfit without going OTT.  It will be great for throwing over comfy jumpers and under warm jackets to add a bit of style whilst keeping warm.  My skin is terrible right now so I’m trying to keep make up to a minimum to let it recover but looking back at these pictures I look a little washed out.  Time for some tan maybe?  Oh and sorry about the background for these shots...I wanted to go outside to get a little natural light but didn’t realise I had included my wheelie bins!  Oh the glamour!  I hope you’ve all had a super Saturday!  I know I have :) 

GC. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...