Tuesday 15 October 2013

Shu Uemura Depsea Water


I previously didn’t own anything by Shu Uemura - not even their holy grail eyelash curler which so many people rave about.  I didn’t realise they had a skin care range (bad beauty blogger alert) but when I saw their Depsea Water I was immediately attracted to it.  Although this comes in many different fragrances, such as rose and lavender, I went for the mint scent because I love anything fresh and invigorating.  I really liked the colour too which looks exactly how I imagine the water to look at the the bottom of the deep sea.

Let’s not beat about the bush: this is simply scented water for your face.  I don’t think it has any real skin benefits other than a quick zap of hydration and it’s definitely not a life changing product.  However, if you do like a little bit of luxury in your skincare routine this would be a nice addition.  I tend to use it as soon as I get out of bed on a morning to help me wake up and it was a life saver during those hot Summer days as it feels very cooling on the skin.  

I was rather disappointed with the smell though as the scent of mint doesn’t really come through at all.  The size of the bottle is rather large so it’s not very handbag friendly and I also think the spray nozzle can be a little overpowering, soaking your face at times rather than giving you a light mist.  I really do like the idea of facial spritzes but I think there are better ones on the market than this one.  For example, the Simple Moisture Boost Hydro Mist is a fraction of the price and does a better job in my opinion.  Sorry Shu but I’m just not won over with this one.

GC.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...