Monday 7 October 2013

Manicure Monday 3: Models Own Velvet Goth Absinthe

Models Own Velvet Goth (£5)

Every time Models Own announce a new collection I do a little squeal.  When I saw the press pictures for their Velvet Goth range I knew it would be right up my street.  With their luxurious velvet tops and their dark brooding colours, each polish simply oozes Christmas party sparkle.  

The immediate standout shade for me was Absinthe.  As a lover of all things green I knew this had to be the first polish I added to my collection.  Don’t get me wrong, I will probably end up with them all but I couldn’t wait for this one.  It complimented my birthday dress perfectly as that too was a velvet jewel-coloured number so I snapped it up as bday treat to myself.

What I really love about the Velvet Goth varnishes is that although they are essentially glitter polishes, they are opaque too so they don’t need a base coat.  Glitter polishes often look amazing the bottle but need at least three to four coats to build up the glitter.  Velevt Goth is different.  What you see is what you get.  Two quick coats of this and you have the perfect shade and a unique semi-matte texture that I rather liked so didn’t add a topcoat.  I think I’m going to opt for Sardonyx, a festive blood red, and Obsidan, a gothic-yet-glitzy black, from the collection next.  What do you think?  Have you tried the range?  What is your favourite?

GC.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...