Wednesday 9 October 2013

Dr Jart+ Premium Beauty Balm


I was never one for BB creams.  As a hardcore foundation wearer, I thought they were essentially just tinted moisturisers and their sheer formula wouldn’t cut it with my uneven skin tone.  Then I tried Dr Jart + Premium Beauty Balm and now I’m somewhat of a convert.

So what’s so good about it?  I’m not sure if it’s the creamy formula or how lightweight this feels on my skin but either way I’m pleasantly surprised that I like this product so much.  I find myself reaching for this on days when I’m running a little late for work.  It goes on evenly with your fingers and needs minimal effort so I apply it in the car on the way to the office (when I’m in the passenger seat of course!)  I like the packaging too.  The tube looks like you could squeeze it like toothpaste but it’s actually sturdy plastic, making the product feel a little more luxe. 

The beauty balm gives me a lot more coverage than I thought it would, disguising most blemishes and redness and giving my skin a glowing finish.  And despite it being a one-shade-suits-all colour I find it blends in well with my pale skin.  Once I’ve applied the rest of my make up, such as my concealer, powder, blusher, etc, my face doesn’t look too dissimilar to when I’m wearing foundation.  Same face, lighter base.  Your skin is seriously going to thank you for it.  

At £24 this BB cream does lean on the expensive side and as I haven’t tried a great deal of budget BB creams, I can’t really comment on whether it’s worth the extra pennies or not.  I’ve there are some great beauty balms on the market at a fraction of the price so don’t fret - there is something affordable for everyone.  I’m certainly going to try out some cheaper options once I’m all out of this tube.  Anybody have any favourites?

GC.   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...