Thursday 24 October 2013

Collection Lasting Perfection Ultimate Wear Concealer


If you are a seasoned blogger, or blog reader for that matter, then you will no doubt have heard about Collection’s Lasting Perfection Ultimate Wear Concealer.  If you’re wondering why you’ve never heard of this brand then don’t worry, you’re not completely out of the loop, they did used to be called Collection 2000 but dropped the digits for a snappier brand name.  Anyway, this product went viral in the blogging world last year.  Everyone was raving about it and as as result I bought it.  It’s now one of my most valued makeup products and although you may have seen hundreds of reviews on it already, I wanted to pass on my praise incase any of my readers hadn’t.  I don’t like you guys to miss out!

Let’s start with the all important question: does it give me good coverage?  The answer to that is yes it does.  It has a thick and creamy consistency that blends into the skin well.  I find it does a great job of covering my dark circles (curse you Pinterest for not allowing me to sleep) and works equally as well when hiding red patches and blemishes.  Those with dry skin would benefit from making sure their skin is thoroughly moisturised before application, as although I don’t find this product drying, it does gather around dry areas.  It won’t illuminate your skin so if you are looking for something which will brighten and highlight then this isn’t for you.  This concealer simply covers.

I wear shade number 2 (light) and this suits my pale skin when I’m not wearing any false tan but I do think I’d benefit from shade 3 when I’m a little more bronzed.  FYI, there’s four shades in the colour range so there should be something for everyone.  If I had to say something negative about this concealer it’s that the packaging isn’t great.  Upon first impressions it looks fine but give it a couple of weeks in your makeup bag and all of the black text will have rubbed off, making it look a little tatty.  Also, I think my latest tube may have actually been faulty as I’ve peered into my bag a few times to find the concealer has leaked onto my other products.  Not good but as I say, it’s the first time that’s ever happened to me and I’ve had a good few tubes this last year.

I’m so happy with this concealer right now.  I’m never tempted to look for anything else or try to find something better because it already ticks all of the boxes for me.  I recommend it to everyone who asks my advice on a concealer and I’ve not heard any complaints.  Concealer perfection?  I think so!

GC.

1 comment:

  1. Cheap Teton Racing & Racing in Nevada | Tioga, CT - Tioga
    Tioga Racing & Racing, Inc. 4x8 sheet metal prices near me (Teton) (formerly Tioga Road, PYG) is a titanium chords federally-recognized titanium quartz meaning and federally-recognized race and sports-betting titanium nail company suunto 9 baro titanium founded in 2010

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...