Monday 8 July 2013

Shine bright like a diamond

 Floral crown - ASOS
Crop top - ASOS
Jeans - TOPSHOP
Wedges - New Look
Belt - Boyfriend’s
Necklace - Primark
Nails - Essie Shake Your $$ Maker

Why does time fly faster in the blogger world than in real life?  It’s been a week and a half since I last posted but it really does feel like an eternity.  My life has been super busy lately  but it’s been full of fun stuff so I’m not complaining.  I’ve felt a little out of the loop with my blogging but I’m baacckk...and have lots of new ideas and posts lined up so I can’t wait to share them all with you.

Today I thought I would do an OOTD post of a little ensemble I wore when I went to see Rihanna in concert a few weeks back.  As far as gigs go it wasn’t the best I’ve been to thanks to a mix of bad organisation, an evidential lack of port-a-loos and Rihanna just generally being a little flakey (albeit still very hot).  Ri Ri clearly influenced my outfit choice this day as I would never ever usually have my midriff out.  I was extremely self conscious at first and even went as far as strategically placing my bag over my stomach whenever I sat down but once I got a few drinks in me I embraced the belly button show and felt fine.

The thing I love the most about this outfit?  It has to be the floral crown!  I’m a hippy chick at heart and loved the splash of colour that this garland brought to my outfit.  I don’t think everyone else loved it as much as me though and I did get a few funny looks on the bus on the way through to the concert.  Face...bovvered?  I accept Sunderland just isn’t ready for the floral crown yet.  I went to The Killers gig at Wembley two days later and felt my headband would have fit in a lot better there.  As I looked around at all of the amazing outfits put together by the girls in London, I wished I’d saved my flowers for Brandon but I guess there’s always next time.

And that’s about it for this post.  Just a quickie to say hi to you all and thanks for sticking with me through my blogging silence.  Look out for some product reviews this week as I’ve been road-testing a load of different stuff and it would be rude to keep it all to myself.  I’m also heading out for a friend’s birthday at the weekend and have a gorgeous new dress that I can’t wait to wear so I’ll make sure I get some snaps of that too!  Ciao for now!

GC.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...