Sunday 28 July 2013

Shaken not stirred

 Dress - River Island
Shoes - ASOS
Bag - Primark

Rather strangely for me I’m enjoying a quiet weekend this week.  I’ve been so busy throughout July that I thought it was about time I did a little bit of chilling and have some well deserved me time.  As I have no fancy outfit to show you this week, I thought I’d share what I wore last weekend when I went cocktail making for a friend’s birthday.  We all had a great time making and sipping cocktails and it’s definitely something I would love to do again.  Me and my friend Joanne were rather naughty and “accidentally” poured a lot more alcohol into our cocktails than the recommended amount so they didn’t taste great but they certainly did the trick.

The dress I’m wearing is a little number from River Island last year.  I swear I’m getting so good at re-using outfits.  It’s so unlike me but my bank balance and my bursting wardrobe both really appreciate and it’s nice to give stuff a second outing.  I must admit I wasn’t a complete angel however as I did buy these shoes for the occasion.  Although they’re a bit “90s white stiletto Essex girl” I don’t really care as I think they’re fab and work really well with my outfit.  I was scared they would be ruined after one night but to my surprise, the heels remained intact and the few grubby marks I picked up along the way simply rubbed away with a wet wipe.  Result!

Rest assured my usual brimming social life will resume next weekend and I will have another outfit post for you all then.  Right now, I’m about to make a cup of tea, sit back and catch up on some blog reading.  Which blogs are you loving right now?  Send me some links to your favourites as I love reading new ones!

GC.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...