Wednesday 5 June 2013

Real Techniques Core Collection

L - R: Contour Brush, Pointed Foundation Brush, Detailer Brush, Buffing Brush

My first experience of Real Techniques was with the fantastic, ever-popular stippling brush, which makes applying liquid foundations and cream blushes an absolute doddle.  A few uses of this brush and I was hooked.  I couldn’t wait to try out the brand’s other offerings and so after much deliberation over what to get next (there’s so much choice!), I settled on the Core Collection set.  These four brushes come with a handy brush carrier/stand and are what you need in your life to create a flawless looking base for your make up.  Each brush does a different job so I will give you my thoughts on each individually:

The Contour Brush is a medium sized fluffy brush designed to make contouring your face just that little bit easier.  I don’t know a great deal about contouring.  I know the basics and always give it a go when I’m doing my make up but I’m yet to transform myself into ‘Queen of the Contour’ Miss Kimmy K.  However, this brush has really helped me start to get it right.  I apply a generous amount of matte bronzer to the bristles, suck in my cheeks and start gently buffing the powder under my cheekbones.  The brush head fits perfectly into the hollows of my cheeks which gives a great guide for where I need to be applying the product.

The Pointed Foundation Brush does exactly what it says on the tin and is used to apply liquid foundation to the face.  I haven’t used this brush a great deal as I find it a little on the small side to apply a full face of foundation but it is great for application when you need a little more control.  I find it comes in very handy for blending concealer on those bad skin days when I apply it in larger patches on my face and eye bags.

The Detailer Brush is a teeny weeny little brush designed to use to apply your lipstick.  I don’t use it to brush my lipstick onto my lips because I’m far too lazy for that but I do use it to apply concealer around my lip line to neaten up my pout.  Most of these brushes do have multi-uses and I find myself using this to touch up my concealer in the nooks and crannies of my face.  It’s great for getting under my bottom lashes when I’ve gone a bit too ‘smudge-crazy’ with the eyeliner.  

The Buffing Brush is by far my favourite brush from the four.  It’s the reason I bought the Core Collection set as you cannot buy this brush separately and as you can tell from the foundation filled bristles, I couldn’t wait to use it and excitedly did so before I photographed it (naughty naughty!)  This brush provides a flawless finish when used with either liquid or mineral foundation and I couldn’t be more impressed with it.  The bristles are just the right length: long enough to buff the foundation into your skin but short enough so you keep control.  I’m not left with any streaks or patches on my face but instead a really fresh complexion.  This has definitely replaced the Stippling Brush as my most-loved Real Techniques brush.

And there you have it!  Four fantastic brushes for a very nice price of £21.99, which is another thing I love about Real Technniques, they’re such great value for money.  I can’t wait to grow my collection further.  The Powder, Blush and Expert Face brushes are all on my lust list.  But which do I go for next?  I think I may just need to get them all.

GC. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...