Saturday 6 April 2013

Xen-Tan Luminous Gold Gel


Spring is finally here and that can only mean one thing: we can now wear dresses without tights!  Woo!  No set of smooth silky pins are complete without a tan however, and although we are seeing a lot more sun, there’s no chance of catching a real one yet.  It’s time to fake it!

The tan I’m reaching for right now is the Xen-Tan Luminous Gold Gel in medium.  I absolutely love the colour this product gives me.  It’s the only false tan I’ve used which achieves the results I would normally get if I’d been on a nice two-week holiday.  The colour is natural but deep at the same time and gives more of a golden glow than a tangerine tinge.  Maybe that’s down to the iridescent shimmer that’s in the gel which stays behind on your skin even after you’ve showered.  I had to double take when I looked at my arm...I was glittering like a Cullen!

Xen-Tan applies really well, dries super fast and best of all, does not have that usual ‘fake tan’ smell.  My boyfriend actually likes the smell of this tan and it’s so refreshing to not hear him whinge about how I smell of biscuits, curry or suchlike.  My only gripe with the application is that the gel is colourless so it can be a little tricky to see where you’ve already applied it.  It’s not a major issue though and I’m just extra careful and make sure I rub it in properly.  

The picture doesn’t really do it justice but it’s the best I’ve got to show you at the minute I’m afraid.  I took this after I applied two coats of tan with one shower in between.  The colour develops after 3 hours, which isn’t long to wait if you’re in a rush, but I always like to sleep on it (thankfully it’s sheet friendly!).  I’ve had about 10 coats from my tube so far and still have enough left for a few more.  I think £24.99 is a really reasonable price and I will most definitely be repurchasing.

GC.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...