Wednesday 20 March 2013

Maybelline The Falsies Volum’ Express Flared mascara


After succumbing to the charms of an amazing but expensive mascara (yes Benefit They’re Real!, I am looking at you), I started to think I’d never be able to love a drug store mascara again.  I was wrong!  Cue Maybelline’s The Falsies Volum’ Express mascara, the flared version.  I can’t explain how good this mascara is.  To say I’m really impressed is an understatement!

I’ll start by saying that it doesn’t do exactly what it says on the tin.  It doesn’t have the same effect on your eyes as wearing false lashes and any mascara that says it does is lying.  You just can’t achieve the same length, volume and thickness that fake lashes give unless you have Disney Princess style lashes to start with, which I don’t :( 

But when fake lashes aren’t appropriate and I still want to make the most of my lashes, this is the product I turn to.  Initially I was a little put off because Maybelline seem to have released so many different mascaras which all look and claim to do the same thing but just come in different coloured tubes.  I find it really confusing when I’m in Boots and I’m trying to work out which one will be best but I’m so glad I took a chance with this mascara.  

Personally, I think this is just as good as They’re Real! by Benefit.  It adds both length and volume to my lashes without making them clumpy or too heavy.  The brush is spoon shaped so I use the inside of it to curl my lashes and the back of it to fan them out at the ends.  It’s not a plastic brush which I know puts a lot of people off They’re Real!  So if you’re not a fan of Benefit’s wonder mascara then this may be the product for you.  This mascara is half the price and does the same job therefore it’s no competition for me.  Maybelline Falsies wins every time!

GC.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...