Tuesday 8 January 2013

St Tropez Self Tan Bronzing Mousse



If anyone asked me my favourite brand of fake tan I would always answer St Tropez.  When I was younger and had a lot more money to waste, I would buy the stuff religiously.  One day adulthood called and forced me to spend my money more wisely and so I swapped for St Moriz (a cheaper alternative tan).  Despite being a fantastic dupe, I’d convinced myself St Moriz wasn’t as good as the real deal but after switching back recently, I’ve realised I was wrong.

Deciding I needed something a little extra special for my work Christmas party, I opted for the Self Tan Bronzing Mousse and applied it two nights before.  I remembered St Tropez as giving an even, golden tan which only needed one coat and which would fade easily.  After my first application, I had changed colour but was not as dark as I thought I would be.  I applied a second coat (chore!) and I was happy with the results but if I’m being honest, I didn’t see a real difference to a St Moriz tan.  I wanted St Tropez to be a one-stop-tan-shop unlike the build-able coverage of it’s cheaper competitor but it just wasn’t.

Don’t get me wrong, I do really love this product but I just can’t bring myself to buy it when there’s such a good substitute on the market.  I got around 8 applications from my 120ml bottle of St Tropez which works out at around £2.50 a tan - you can buy a bottle of St Moriz for that price.  When you do the maths, Moriz makes more sense and is the one I will part with my (fewer) pennies for.

GC.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...