Sunday 13 January 2013

On my own

Shirt - ASOS
Jumper - H&M
Trousers - Topshop
Shoes - River Island
Coat - Primark

This is what I wore to the cinema yesterday when I went to see the masterpiece of a movie that is Les Miserables.  I hadn’t seen any interpretations of the classic previously but I knew the story roughly and thought it would be my cup of tea.  It has everything you could want from a movie: beautifully shot sequences, tear inducing sentiment and Anne Hathaway.  I sat sobbing into my popcorn along with the woman at the end of the aisle whilst my boyfriend sat between us and constantly checked his watch (admittedly, it’s on for an awfully long time).  I’d definitely recommend it though I’m not too sure he would!

This is the look that best describes my style.  I feel really comfortable in shirts paired with jumpers and when you’re watching a 3 hour long movie comfort is key.  These cigarette pants are from Topshop last Autumn and I love them and all of their floral-ness.  I don’t often wear heels during the day because I’m often running around like a loony but a chilled trip to the flicks was the perfect opportunity to get some extra height.

You may have noticed the absence of my boring white background too!  I was getting sick of my pictures looking dodge through a lack of natural light so I thought it was time I took to the streets.  So okay, it’s hardly the picturesque cobbles and funky backgrounds of a pro blogger but behind the back of the cinema is good enough for me for now.  It felt a little strange at first standing there on my own, getting my picture took in public but I think it was worth it and I like how the photos turned out.  I hope you all had a great Saturday.

GC.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...